Monday, June 21, 2010

I have been trying out a couple of different granola bar recipes, but have not yet found one that suited my tastes/nutritional values... SO I made up my own recipe!  And it worked!!
My Granola bars have no sugar, no oil, no butter and they can be gluten free if you change a couple of ingredients.
I call them: Anna's masterpiece bars for optimum leg power.
How to make "Anna's Masterpiece bars for Optimum Leg Power"
When making "Anna's Masterpiece bars for Optimum Leg Power" one must have determination, focus, and keen instincts.  And be creative!!  I would have added chopped almonds and sunflower seeds to this recipe but I didn't have any in the pantry...  

  • preheat oven at 350
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/2 cup of yogourt
  • 1/2 cup of raspberries
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp salt
  • 2tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of corn flakes or rice flakes or any cereal
  • 1/2 cup of dried blueberries
  • 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional...)
Step One:  Take 2 cups of rolled oats and spread evenly onto a cookie sheet.  Melt honey in microwave for about 20 seconds until it is runny and drizzle all over the oats.  Place the cookie sheet with oats and honey into the oven and let bake for about 10 minutes (or until the oats are toasted)


Step Two: In a blender, blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup yogourt (any flavour), 1/2 cup of raspberries and 1/2 a cup of milk.  Blend until smooth.

Step Three: In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of salt, 2 tsp of cinnamon and the toasted oats.


Step Four: Pour the blended mixture into the dry mixture along with 1 egg.  Once mixed up add 1 cup of cereal, 1/2 cup dried blueberries, 1/2 cup dried raspberries, nuts and seeds, and chocolate chips.

Step Five: Grease a casserole dish and pour the mixture in.  Spread evenly.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes!
I would probably add nuts next time and sunflower seeds.  Also, I was thinking that I could add protein powder or another egg to increase the protein content!!
Anyway it seems like a healthy enough recipe, so I thought I would share it! Enjoy your "Anna's Masterpiece bars for Optimum Leg Power"

No comments:

Post a Comment