Friday, June 25, 2010

biking!

A couple days ago Emily took us riding on "western states", "The WALL" (10 minutes or straight up-the-mountain-face gruelling cant-stop-or-you-will-not-make-it, but so tiring you want to stop everywhere, section of the ride...), and Finally to the summit which is called "painted rock."
This was the first of 3 bears I have since seen while mountain biking!!! Apparently it's a black bear... with highlights...
Some tricks!!! This is right at the top of "the wall"
And then at the top of "painted rock" we got some sweet lake views!  Looking over Tahoe City.

There were some crazy dark clouds looming....
But we were happy to be at the top and in the sun... with a SWEET downhill ride ahead of us!
The storm was quickly approaching... There was lightning going off like crazy in that cloud, so I put my camera into "burst mode" and took about 200 consecutive pictures, but not one had even a trace of lightning in it... :(  waste of time. oh well.
The downhill portion was sweet and inspired me to try to videotape the next ride we did.... BUT the whole tape was of my handlebars bouncing around and would have made people carsick... so NEXT TIME I will try again!  But for now, it's off to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should be coming across bears also. Today I was having a late tea in the screened in porch Dad was watching the end of the tennis downstairs with his eyes closed and Peter and Helen were somewhere between the boat house and the cliff house when I spotted a brown bear (no highlights) on the common path from Serenite to our path. A few stamps of my feet and he ran back up to the road. A quick call to Peter on his cell to warn him and he blew the whistle for the walk up from the lake.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Anna!

    I said hello to a Grizzly last weekend when I was hitchhiking between the truck and the raft. Needless to say, the first car that saw me, my proximity to the bear, and the gravity of the situation, picked me up right away.

    Later Trev

    ReplyDelete