Monday, June 7, 2010

Aurevoir Tremblant, Hello Calgary.

I reluctantly left the beauty of Tremblant and it's surroundings on Sunday to come here, to Calgary for some team training!!! It's perfect timing as my knee is getting a lot stronger and I've been missing my teammates!! Team camps always get me amped up to train and focus and get STRONGER to ski faster!!  It's always nice to reunite with the girls during the summer and have a group to train with and push each other to get stronger (extra reps, more weights, extra laps!!!), the same way we push each other on the hill to ski faster.
On Sunday my dad and I explored a road biking route that we hadn't done in 4 years!! Lot's of hills that totally kicked my butt!! It was a weird gloomy day, but great views, vivid colours, and the perfect temperature for biking... Tremblant from a distance...and an Inukshuk.
I left my mark on the Inukshuk! Or Cairn I guess....?? Does an Inukshuk represent a human form and is a cairn just a marker?? Either way, this thing isn't guiding anyone anywhere, and it doesn't look like a human... SO I added MY rock to this pile of rocks. 
And now it's back to work!! I couldn't participate in the jumps yet so I just took action shots of the girls... Other than not jumping, I've been able to do pretty much everything else in the program!
I'm excited for the next two weeks of INTENSE training!!! Tomorrow we have boxing!! Maybe I will try to make some montages or something.
aurevoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment