Wednesday, May 19, 2010

CHILLY Roadbiking thoughts

Since arriving in Mammoth, I have been on a road biking mission! A mission to explore and find pretty places...  I checked out a map (unfortunately it was not topographical...) and chose a lake and biked to it!  
And so, a LONG WHILE later after an AGGRESSIVE hill climb, I arrived at Lake Mary, elevation 8910.
And, to my disappointment, it was just a snow covered lake.  I think it's another sign that I'm absolutely ready for the summer to arrive.  Riding along the snow corridor'd road to get to "Lake Mary" was depressing after having ridden through the flowery fruit filled streets of Santa Barbara only a week ago.
Maybe my senses are totally out of whack after the beauty of Santa Barbara and the CRAZINESS of San Francisco.  I have a case of Sensory OVERLOAD!  Since knee surgery I have been visualizing warm beaches and waves crashing!! Even though it was a cool (both sweet and freezing) ride, I think I will stick to the lower altitudes for the rest of the week!!  I definitely can't complain about being able to FINALLY get out on my road bike and enjoy the chilly spring weather. 

I will leave you with this picture and this thought!


The world is a rose; smell it and pass it to your friends.



Persian Proverb

Passing along some of the beauty found in Marco's backyard!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I try to smell a rose all I can smell is my own pungent gas. Sorry about crop dusting all weekend in SF Anna. Had an absolute blast hanging with you last weekend. Try like hell to make a Jackson Hole trip work this summer.

    Trev

    ReplyDelete