Sunday, May 9, 2010

Big Blog

Like I mentioned, Marco, Chelsea and I headed to Santa Barbara for 4 days last week!  It was awesome to finally take a mini break and hit up some sun and sand! We did a bunch of bike rides, boogy boarding excursions, and beach walks.  Huge thanks to Trevor and his family for letting us take over their place for a few days!!
And, the real deal: ACTION SHOTS!

Where's Marco?? Getting eaten by a wave.
ha ha he he ho ho  hu hu  hi hi hah aha
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
ha. priceless. 
we are pros. obviously.
ha haha ha ah ha he he ho ho h o hi hi hi  heeee haaaa hahahahaha. opaihdgoadjklnv
AND, the sweet part is that from far, we look like real surfers! 
Juice break: squeezing limes, lemons, oranges, blood oranges and grapefruit to make these deliciously beautiful drinks!!! The fresh fruit growing everywhere totally baffled me! Seeing avocados and oranges hanging off trees onto the roads I was biking was definitely a new experience!
Once our juice was ready and the tide had risen, we headed out to watch the "real pros" (Tim) surf the "real waves..."
and then we posed! Chelsea's silhouette!
Waves Crashin'
looks magical. like Harry Potter style.
Looking out towards the coast
Looking in on the House.
ANother amazing day at the beach.  Yesterday before driving home we hit up the farmer's market and got a bunch of goodies!!!  Most definitely the coolest farmer's market I've ever seen.  So much fresh food, so many delicious smells, and pretty flowers everywhere.
We are back in Truckee, and back into our gym, physio, cardio routine.  I think I needed a break after such a long rehab stint since surgery, but I am really happy to be back into the groove of getting better.
We have our first team camp next week which I will not be attending.  Since I am not anywhere near the rest of the girls in terms of working out and lifting weights (because of my rehab)  I am going to stay here and hammer down for  4 more weeks and be ready for the next camp!  We have a "new team" in a way which they announced here.  They've eliminated the development team and added to the world cup team.  I think it will work out really well, we are gonna have a crazy good slalom team and it will be really exciting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment