Friday, May 14, 2010

arts and crafts and baking!

The fridge would have been crowded with all these photo's if I hadn't found this crazy funky big frame for eight dollars at the thrift store!  This afternoon, after getting back from the gym, I brewed a massive cup of coffee, heated up my glue gun, and got CRAFTY! 
I am obsessed with photos and decorating Marco's place with pictures of all the fun adventures we have had over the last couple of years.  This was another perfect opportunity to make a wall of memories!  PLUS we had collected so much sea glass and so many shells, I needed an excuse to put them on display.
Once my "masterpiece" was mounted on the wall, I hit up the kitchen and got down to some serious BANANA BREAD BAKING!  It's my mom's recipe with a TWIST....
My mom's is super healthy, this is not.
It's my present for Liz's dirty 30! She brought a disgustingly delicious peanut butter pie to Marco's dirty thirty party, so for her party I am bringing this "banana bread" that is the alter-ego of my normally healthy loaf.   I dumped a bag of chocolate chips into the batter, covered the loaf with icing, and topped it off with a bag of gummy bears!  DEEEEEE-LISH! (I hope...)
 We are about to hop in the car and head to San Fran for Liz's 30th birthday weekend full of baseball and "bay to breakers" marathoning ridiculousness!!

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't we have these dirty thirty parties. They sound like a blast. Maybe I can look forward to a sexy sixty party or something of the sort.

    ReplyDelete