Sunday, May 23, 2010

Art project: painted pillowcases!

I've been wanting to paint my own pillowcase covers for a little while now, and the FREEZING COLD weather outside (-2 and snowing) has given me a little bit of free time indoors to attempt to make something cool.
I chose a neutral fabric for the actual pillowcase and cut out my "print" of a tree and leaves.  I took the print, generously painted all over it, and then printed it onto the pillow!
Voila!
I let them dry for a bit.... and hand painted a few ghetto areas that didn't print amazingly...
And then I hand sewed and stuffed it!  My first pillow EVER! yay.  And it already made some pillow friends! 
Since I already had an epic fail of a bike ride today: numb hands and feet, sore face from hail-snow whipping me, and being so frozen that I had to turn around...I think that I will spiff up a couple of white shirts I have sitting around!  Yay for terrible weather and arts and crafts and COFFEE.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pillow covers. Perhaps you should go into fabric design in your next career. You obviously have spring and leaves on your mind. It is 27 C here and humid, so I put on the AC.

    ReplyDelete