Sunday, December 13, 2009

Top 10 in Sweden!

Another sweet day in Are, Sweden!  I was 9th! My best world cup result ever!

Here's what the day kinda looked like!
We arrived in the very dark and very early morning for warm up and inspection! MP and the warm up hill in the background!

The sun finally came up just before the first run! It was so beautiful that I had to stop and take a picture on my way to race!

First run went really well for me and Brigitte.  Brigitte was in 19th and I was in 10th.  Mitch was on the way to having a good run as well but went out near the bottom :(    ...
MP started LAST!!! And skied pretty solidly!! I think she was 44th!
Anyway, it was a really good first run for me and I was just trying to stay relaxed and do the same thing in the second run!
MP was nice enough to grab my camera from the hotel and be our personal photographer for the second run!  Here's Brigitte leaving the start gate!! She was starting before me since they reverse the top 30.

Her eyes were shining as she crossed through the finish!! And her SWEET helmet!!!

She ended up in 20th place, a solid result from starting 35th!

Jim (my coach) and Brigitte watching the rest of second run...

Me in the start!!!

MY BOOTS!! Sweet shot MP!

Happy through the finish!  Green light!! (I came through into first, and they display it in green!)

I got to stand in the leader-board area for a few seconds haha.

Jim and Brigitte

Me and my technician Martin! THANKS MARTIN!!

Brigitte and Jim again..... ha

and me and Craig!! Happy Birthday Week Craig!!

Sweden has been a lot of fun, and I am super excited about breaking into the top 10 finally!!!
We spend the night here and fly back to Austria or Germany tomorrow!! Who knows!

2 comments:

  1. Shit yea Anna! Jackson Hole is stoked for ya! Keep slaying it.

    Trev, Chels, and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats from austria, anna!

    ReplyDelete