Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009!!! SMILE!


I'm gonna Dance Party into the NEW YEAR!!!
We are skiing tomorrow, so nothing crazy is going on tonight.... but I thought I would share my favourite pictures (that I could find on facebook!! haha since my hard drive was overloaded and I had to delete everything off my computer....)  But Here are some highlights of my 2009 in pictures!!
Starting of course with Tremblant.  My favourite place to be, up on the cliff looking out over the lake and being HAPPY!
One year ago today:
Me, Lise-Marie and Brigitte at the new year last year.  We were in Kirchberg (surprise surprise!!) and it was smoky from all the firecrackers going off in celebration of 2009!  They are obsessed with firecrackers here! There are little kids running around unsupervised lighting crazy firecrackers!! Its hilarious!
My first favourite memory from last year is the trip that Marco and I took from Truckee, to Phoenix, to the Grand Canyon, to Zion national Park, to Escalante, to Bryce Canyon and finally to MOAB!!!
We packed his truck with our mountain bikes and camping gear and hit the road for an amazing trip! Thanks marco!
Making faces at Bryce Canyon!
Mountain Biking in Zion!! Gooseberry Mesa IS AMAZING!!! One of my favourite rides of the summer.
And the Porcupine Rim trail in Moab!!! One of the sweetest downhills EVER!!
AND our slot Canyoneering adventure in Escalante!!! It was awesome! Look at marco's MOVES!
A little while later this summer Meg came to visit out west and we went BACKPACKING! So much fun, so much stuff, totally worth the back pain on the hike in!

The lake we camped beside alone.  I love lakes and I love camping.
This hair flying pic portrays HOW MUCH I loved it all!!
I also love photoshopping my friends into pics!!! Yes!
The real deal! ha
I also love triple down dogs!! In Whistler!
And in New Zealand!
Hilarious Road blocks in NEw Zealand made me happy!
I love this picture:
This pic is from Maribor, Slovenia last year.  The girls were warming up at the top of the hill above all the clouds.  A cool moment for sure.  For me that race was a HIGH, I had just broken my thumb the week before and had surgery to put a plate in, and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to race in Maribor, but I managed to make it down and had one of my better races of the year that day! Despite the EXTREME pain!!
This was another picture that stood out for me from last year, looking down on a race we did in Austria, above and below the clouds!
And some SWEET MOUNTAINS in Solden, Austria.   I love the GLOW of early morning mountains.
Another highlight from last year was skiing POW with Marco in Squaw.  Since I'm from the east, I had never truly experienced a full on week of powder skiing! It was awesome!  I still have lots to learn though....
But I equally love THIS kind of skiing!! Plus I had my favourite number for the Aspen Race!! YEAH 23! (not the right picture.....oh well.... visualize a bib with 23 on it!)


23 is my favourite number, and last year I turned 23!  My birthday was the same day as the kitzbuhel bib draw and Marco got the whole crowd to sing Happy Birthday to me!! It was insane!!! And RAINING! ha
A not so insane moment over the last year, but a moment that took the spot for BEST DINNER, would have to be fresh lobster in NANTUCKET  with Bryon, Scott , Marco and Katie!!! I fell in love with Nantucket and of course the lovely ocean!!
It was THIS MUCH FUN!!! haha! Me and my mom practicing our poses!!! (is my grammar OK??? My mom and I?  My mom and Me??? AHHHHH I dont know!)
Thanks to my amazing family for 2009!  And many more to come!! (mostly ellwoods in this pic, but thanks to the Goodmans TOO!!)
And thanks to my great friends!!!  Another slight low from last year was losing my tooth from eating popcorn at a baseball game.  As you can see in this picture I had a tooth missing!!  I was looking good like that for about a month!!  Luckily my molars are all back in place and my smile is COMPLETE... haha
And thanks to my second family!! The girls!  May we all ski fast and continue to have the most fun in 2010!
Lots of Love and Happiness for 2010!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna this is Susan form Dallas, Texas USA. I love how you Ski you make it look so easy. You are doing great in the olymipics. I am doing a school report on you too.
    LOTS OF LUCK!!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete