Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sweden, part ONE



2 days ago I FLEW far away from....
MONTREAL!! (I took this pic as we landed the other night... red sky, red river reflections =  COOL)
And finally after a couple connections and a couple lounges, made it to Ostersund, Sweden, at 3pm.  That is what it looks like at 3!!! Maybe a slight exaggeration.... who knows.
Woke up this morning to an interesting view!! Cute and unique little hotels across from us, and the ski hill BEYOND.......
We went and trained in a place called Duved.  This picture doesn't do anything justice, I'm not even sure why I am posting it other than to show that the cute little cottages reminded me of OLDSCHOOL (15 years ago) Tremblant Nansen Hauses... (and i know how to spell house, but I think on the Nansen they spell house a la Austrian.....)  But they no longer exist in Tremblant (Intrawest :(  but at least they exist somewhere!!!)
I was visualizing my freeski run.  Not really, but since the girls were training some GS before slalom, I decided to act intense.
I'm SO EXCITED to be in SWEDEN!! Seriously, I love it here.
Just gonna take it all in.........ahhh
Mitch was inspecting our slalom course.  There was some light far far away that I was trying to capture, it almost looked like some kind of sunlight, but I am not really sure.
AFter Skiing we JUMPED FOR JOY at the idea of hitting the town and going SHOPPING!
But first, we must cross the train tracks....... : o (surprised and unsure face....)
Luckily, we crossed the tracks successfully and made it to town and window shopped.
And then after window shopping we had another awesome and intense game of volleyball with the American girls!  This time the coaches played separately from the girls, and we switched around our teams.  It was a CLOSE game and a lot of fun, but I was on the losing team once again.... But since it was 4 against 5 I'm just gonna say we tied.
Brigitte was getting confused with all the volleyballs flying at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment