Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pre Christmas Fun all over Austria!

Christmastime in Austria!!
Although it is NOTHING like Christmas at home, we always manage to have a good time and get into the Christmas spirit on the road.
Here are a bunch of cards I painted for my teammates this Christmas!! They are getting them tomorrow!! YAY!


I had 5 days off (one because of rain) and I got to go visit Marco and his team in Hinterreit!  Christa and I (mostly Christa) got into the Christmas spirit by baking Christmas cookies!!!

Christa did all the hard work, I sprinkled the cookies!!

This picture is in random order.  Marco, Scott and I hit up the Christmas Markets in Innsbrook one day, and checked out the WHISPERING ARCH!!! This arch is AMAZING.  You whisper in one end and you can hear it from the other!! TRES ENTERTAINING!!!

And THIS picture depicts why none of us could ski yesterday.... pouring RAIN!!


SO, since it was raining, we all decided to hike up a hill...... at night.....

Pose in the chalet on top......

EAT CHRISTMAS COOKIES!!! mmmmm yummy

And get treated to the MOST AMAZING DESERT in EUROLAND: Kaiserschmarn!!! Its like thick delicious pancakes covered in sugar!!

After dinner we all headed outside...
Marco and I posed.


And in order to get down the hill, we jumped on some RODELS!!! Wooden old-school sleds!!

Rodeling down was INTENSE!!!!

I was half scared, half having the BEST TIME EVER!!!

And then this morning was cold and clear.
I headed back to kirchberg to train, and the boys headed to Bormio, Italy.
It was a fun christmas break!!

Tomorrow I will have more pics from what we did tonight, and our team SECRET SANTA!!
fun fun!!!
But only after training!!!
ha.
good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment