Saturday, November 14, 2009

Levi Race : CANADA 14th, 16th and 17th

RACE DAY....
Yesterday was an amazing (and probably some kind of record-breaking) day for our slalom team! Having 3 girls in the top 17 has probably not happened in MANY years....  SO as a team we are psyched! It's a tres awesome way to start the season!

Although it's my best world cup start to-date, I still feel like I have more "gears" (as our coaches would call it), and I need to figure out my race gear and get it up to speed with my training.  I have been training really well all summer and the day that I race like I train I know will be a great one!
Anyway, we are all PUMPED!!!
After the race a bunch of us were waiting around FULL SUIT for a shuttle to bring us back to the hotels.  It was about -15 degrees and we were FREEZING and the bus was NOT COMING, so we jokingly stuck out our thumbs, but actually succeeded in hitching a ride!!
Mitch, Brigitte, Hailey, Kaylin, Fanny and I all jumped in the back of some dudes cargo truck and made our way back to the hotels.  It was hilariously sketchy but at least we were warm!!! We had about 20 minutes to make it from the hill, to the ski room, to the hotel and pack up and jump into a cab to get to the airport.  It was a crazy day from the start to the finish, and we finally settled into a hotel late last night in Helsinki and reminisced about our day over some pizzas!!
Right now we are at the airport in Helsinki waiting for the lounge to open (it's TOO EARLY)... Next stop: Calgary.  Heading to Pano and Nakiska for some training before Aspen!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Anna and to the rest of the team as well!! All top 20, that is AWESOME!! I am sure the "Cargo Dude" is happy to have picked you up and is probably still talking about it! Charge on girls!!
    xoxoxox
    Rena

    ReplyDelete