Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eagles Nest

Marco and I hiked up KT the other day to check out Eagles Nest.  It's an amazing spot that overlooks Squaw Valley all the way to Lake Tahoe.  This is what we found at the top.
The Eagle was created by the Truckee Mountain forge in memory of Shane McConkey.
It's pretty a pretty amazing piece of sculpted steel, and you can see it from the bottom of the mountain.  Marco and I chilled out at the top for a while and were lucky enough to glimpse a real eagle soaring above us.
It was cool to be at the top of KT in the "summer" and see the mountain from a whole different perspective!  Hopefully I get the chance to improve my big mountain wanna-be skiing this winter on Squaw at some point.

BUT I dont think I will ever do the crazy eagles nest drop.  Looking down from the ridge was a scary sight!! I'll leave that kind skiing to the locals... ha.  I am a powder skiing beginner...  for now....
Anyway, it was nice to check out BEAUTIFUL lake tahoe and its surroundings....
I just landed in Denver, the snow from last week is GONE!
FINLAND MONDAY.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you're there Anna! Miss that place so much! Wonderful pics as usual!
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete