Sunday, November 29, 2009

ASPEN!

Today was race day!
There were tons of canadians in Aspen cheering us on.  It's a fun place to catch up with tons of people who are part of the ski community and feel like we are close to home!
Brigitte's parents and friends were around so she was happily greeting them!! Meg and MP had my super zoom lens in the stands and were stalking her. ha.   Unfortunately Brigitte went out in the first run, but after Levi 2 weeks ago, I know that if we all finished good runs we would have a solid Canadian showing for second runs.

I waved to Meg and MP in the stands after first run!! I was sitting in 11th!

It was Britt Phelan's first world cup and she put down a pretty awesome run, just short of qualifying in 33rd place. So close!!!
And it was also Erin's first world cup ever and she totally attacked and qualified for 2nd run! Amazing!

Everyone was super stoked for her!! There she is smiling at Kevin and I am smiling at her, and Zoe is smiling with all of us!. Smiley smiley smiles after 1st run....


After second run I decided to try to do the "robot" in the finish.... Stef (our physio) was making me practice the "mr. roboto" dance at the start.... and I am still having issues trying to perfect it... maybe next race!

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with 13th, although it is one position short of the Olympic Criteria (top 12).
The guys SLAYED today in Lake Louise! Awesome for Manny, Robbie, Erik, Bourque and Jan all getting points and dominating as a nation.  Sadly Johnny is out for the season with a broken leg.  I am sending healing vibes his way for a quick recovery.
 BUT, in happier news, I'm pumped that Marco and I both made the front page of standings today!   I guess Benni Raich and Marlies Schild beat us as a couple today....but we are getting closer!! haha!

We are staying here in Aspen for 2 GS norams (my first GS races in more than a YEAR!!!!) And then off to LOveland, Colorado for 2 Slalom norams.  Should be some good opportunities to work on having 2 fast and consistent runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment