Friday, September 4, 2009

Tomorrow is our LAST DAY in NZ!!

Last night before settling for a DEEP night's sleep I took a cool little walk around Millbrook and experimented a bit with my camera!
I think the next thing that I need for sure is a tripod! I was sketchily crouching behind bushes, and stepping all over the golf greens, just trying to get a cool shot or a good angle! This could definately be avoided by the simplicity of a tripod. It was nice to get out of the condo for a bit and get some full moon fresh air. It seems crazy to say that I needed a bit of fresh air (since I spend all day outside), but I think of it as an escape from the confinements of the condo that we (6 girls) have been living in for almost 4 weeks. Tomorrow is the last day of the camp. Even though today I felt a bit lost on my skis, I know that it's just one day and being fresh tomorrow will hopefully make all the difference! We are racing in the New Zealand national championship slalom. Mitch won the GS today and kicked the swiss ladies bums. And I know we can repeat that tomorrow! Even though its the NZ championships, it's an international feild with NORWEGIANS (leif and his sister), Swedes, Germans and Swiss all racing alongside us CANADIANS! So hopefully we represent tomorrow and keep ripping!!!
Tomorrow's a new day and I know that if i ski like in training things will go well! Either way it's going to be sunny and it's our last day!! The coaches said we are gonna "empty our tanks" so that means we will probably ski until 2pm. And then we are having a team dinner party!! Which is always a good time, reminiscing highs and lows of the camp and drinking a couple glasses of Central Otago Pinot Noirs... mmmm. can't wait! Saying goodbye to this country will be bittersweet: I'm ready to sleep in my own bed, but sad to leave such an amazingly beautiful place. I always feel elated when I go for walks, bikes or drives around here! So sad to leave, but happy to leave and have my own space for a few days.
aurevoir for now.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment: