Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cheers Kiwiland


Goodbye, aurevoir New Zealand.
Highs of the Trip:
- Fergburger (famous burger joint in Queenstown with the BIGGEST burgers ever! And Delicious!)
- Puzzling World in Wanaka! The optical illusion rooms were trippy and hilarious, especially when shared with the Always entertaining US boys: Marco, Scott and Worm! Marco and Worm were the fastest at the maze, but Scott and I didn't cheat.... haha.
- Some awesome days of training slalom in the sun!
- Some yummy Central Otago Pinot Noirs
- Dancing up a storm with MP last night at the Buffalo Club with painted faces! PLus having a car party on the way to Queenstown listening to lil Wayne with Bri and MP!
- Taking long drives on my off days and seeing beautiful lakes, mountains and pastures.
- Laughing uncontrollably with the girls about anything.
- Dance Parties. And Van dance parties: Driving up and down from the hill pumping sweet beats from lady gaga and getting our dance on!
- Boy Girl races! Old school! We never have coed races anymore so it was really fun to be able to watch our mens team and other mens teams rip up the races! And just for the sweet social scene too! ha.
-KIWILICIOUS GOLD. The yummiest kiwis I have ever tasted! Different from the ones at home and they come with special Kiwi spoons!
- Queenstown Mountain Luge... Shona and I attempting to pose but hurting ourselves instead and getting told that posing with our legs out of the luge is inappropriate and could be a liability! Ha ha.
- Walking around taking whatever pictures seem to be interesting or cool or just random.

LOWS of the Trip:
- 12 days off because of my knee.
- DNF second run yesterday, although I was feeling a lot better on my skis!
- not dancing for longer last night....

I think the point of Highs and Lows helps me realize that all of my lows end up being highs. Even though I missed 9 days of skiing, I got to do other really cool things while I was off. Driving to Wanaka to visit Marco and hanging out around Queenstown and on the golf course gave me a lot of time to relax and embrace the country we are usually too busy to notice.
Going out in the second run yesterday was not fun, but it was another race to learn from and to improve off of. I attacked as hard as I could both runs and had lot's of close calls but I made it right to the finish and got launched out of a flush. Now I know that I need to practice skiing flushes backwards!!
ANyway. Leaving is bittersweet. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the country and the scenery and the happiness I have had on and off the hill, BUT I am ready to get home and rest up and have some fun home time before the season really starts. When I spend 2 months in a row on the road, home time becomes more precious! So Here I come Montreal! Hope you are ready! haha. I will be getting crazy napping in!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment