Sunday, September 13, 2009

CHICAGO!! rockin in the city

ANNA AND MARCO's BIG CITY ADVENTURE!
Chicago!
Since our schedules are so crazy, Marco and I decided to meet up in Chicago. He was there for a day of media craziness and I had a few days off!! It was miraculous! So the two of us attacked the city with our non-city ways and ended up having a pretty good time! Especially at the sweet fountain art light cube colourful thingy. As you can see above. There are these huge cubes of light and water that change colour and have faces on them sometimes. Trippy, especially since we stared and posed at them for long periods of time.
High: playing around Millenium park and being entranced by the sculptures and art things....
Low: Getting swindled by wannabe shoe shiners who can tell we are not city folk.

High: Music in the city!! The free opera concert in the park, and Regina Spektor at the Chicago theatre! She rocks!
Lows: I lost my license that night.... oops.
And of course we had to catch a baseball game!!! The Cubs lost the the Reds (I think those were the teams!! hahaha) But it was the most exciting game of my life!! (That consists of watching 3 previous games)
High: Most exciting baseball game I have ever seen yet! AND we figured out public transport in the city and took a train to get there!!
LOW: I didn't read the instructions when buying a train pass which said (EXACT AMOUNT NEEDED, NO CHANGE) So when i put in my 20$bill and got a little ticket and no change I was totally stumped. We totally used 4 dollars of it, AND it expires in 2011, so it could turn into a high at some other point in life....
And more fun at those crazy fountain light cube thingys....
And marco was trying to get in on the fun of the spray, but kinda stood out awkwardly... oh well.
Below is the Millenuim Park Theatre. It's really COOL (or Prodigious (my new word for today.(I am getting aggressive with the brackets...))))). It actually deserves a better adjective than that, but its architecturally (made that word up i think?) pleasing, and it makes nice music sound cool as well.
Posted by Picasa
WORKING OUT
"are you an olympian??"
HIGH: Going for a sweet bike ride and finding a pull up bar! Cause we work out. The beach was that way....
LOW: We went off the bike trail to search out food, ended up in this crazy grafitti tunnel and no food in sight, and later Dan told us we were in the GHETTO. It was almost scary. But since I am somewhat ghetto myself I totally fit in, as you can see below.I guess that mostly sums up our few days in chicago!! Even though I slept in until 11am most days (I am still new zealand lagged....) we still found a way to see lots of cool spots and enjoy our little vaycay.
We watched Regina Spektor totally rock it at the sweet old school theatre below. We also went to the house of blues one night and ate dinner and enjoyed some.... blues.
We ate some famous 2 inch thick deep dish pizza (and payed for it later....)...
I think it was a pretty successful trip!! But I am so happy to be back at the lake and in the mountains for my favorite season!!! The colors have already started changing! And the eastern girls from my team are arriving tomorrow for a 4 day dryland camp! Should be fun! or hard. or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment