Thursday, April 29, 2010

Randoms from lately!

Me, Stephen Harper, and Shona Rubens!  Just hanging out with our prime minister the other day! No big deal.  The bigger deal is my CONGRATULATIONS to Shona on her amazing career and recent retirement!  Next stop for her is driving from Alaska to Ushuaia next year.  I am going to really miss her, but I CANNOT wait to hear all about her future adventures.
I also had the opportunity to speak to a grade 5-6 elementary school class about my life as a ski racer and how important it is to always believe in yourself and go for your goals!
They had some amazing questions!! What was my favourite school subject? English.  What is my favourite colour? Green.  What other sports do I like? BIking, hiking, kayaking... etc!  It was fun and they were super enthusiastic!
And now I am in Truckee! For more than a week!!! IT's a miracle!  The boys are getting the boat ready for the lake!
The engine's running!
BUT it won't stop snowing.  There's 10cm on the ground right now. SO I am keeping myself entertained with new recipes!  Here we made spinach stuffed turkey, and breaded turkey! YUMMY.
AND it was Marco's 30th birthday this week, and my little brother's 22nd birthday!  Happy birthday to both of them!!!
Here's what 30 looks like!! hahah! We are having a 30th birthday week, so the festivities have barely begun....
One of our activities this week was dressing up and having a nice steak dinner in the BIGGEST LITTLE CITY IN THE WORLD: Reno. Date night!
Fur reallly brings this outfit together.  We were trying to have a non-dirty-thirty night and I think it worked!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the props...
    i will miss you too.. lots and lots. wish you were in mexi. its paridise.
    see you soon in calgs!!
    rubi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's too bad... loved her interview with Jen Hedger wearing her competition outfit

    ReplyDelete