Friday, July 16, 2010

Played by Carlos Santana!

Our two week training block is over!! Great success.  Other than excessive watermelon consumption, obnoxiously blasting EMINEM beats the whole way to the gym, crafting many new pairs of earrings, and many new and DELICIOUS recipes, we had a great week in and out of the gym!  I personally took another big step in the right direction!! I'm finally back on the "normal" program and have been cleared to do EVERYTHING (except skiing... until september :( ... it's hard to do a smiley face when you are using brackets as well... it made my smiley look weird like this :() (which actually looks like a freaky scared smiley..... ) I am digressing!
So anyway, I am just wondering, what is something new and exciting that I can do now that I am good to go??  I was thinking of trying to roast my own coffee beans... totally unrelated to my knee, but getting the "all clear" in life made me slightly ambitious! Or do a triathlon? .....
Other than lifting lot's more weight and doing many new "fartlek" tricks, I conquered my first Full hour of straight running on PAVEMENT! twice! woo.
This is what I needed to do to my feet beforehand to save them from this crazy heat and blisters!
p.s. my nailpolish is actually this sweet.

Like I mentioned, MORE crafting... Kelly and Erin are going to have different earrings for every day of the month soon!!  I'm pretty sure we are all gonna be pro soon, watch out ETSY!! (my favourite jewelry site...)
And last night I got to witness a legend in motion! Carlos Santana at the Bell Centre!  Thanks Dad!
It was great to catch up with some of my Patch Sponsor Contributors, DGRGCPM!!! Although  "GGMP" were the only ones present, it was still good times catching up and trading road-biking routes!
He was ridiculously impressive!!! It made me never again want to try and play "Black Magic Woman" on guitar hero, because I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, make it sound nearly as amazing as he played it last night! IncrediblE!
Santana and his band were AMAZING.  It made me wish I had sweet stadium speakers in my car.... but then my car would get crushed.

1 comment:

  1. Santana is soooo good. Saw him first row at the saddledome a few years back and he blasted my mind.
    so happy to hear you are back on the 'normal' (although i dont know if i would ever dub you as 'normal'... hah i jest)
    Let me know when you get a flight to calgs. estimated day of departure for us is august 16
    miss you long time

    ReplyDelete