Monday, July 26, 2010

Hiking, Moonlight paddling, and biking!

Another amazing week in Tahoe has flown by!!!
Everywhere we go I find myself grabbing for my camera because there is so much beauty everywhere!
Our weekend started with an intense hike in "Desolation Wilderness" up to Thelma Lake with Dane and Jasmine.  It was a LONG way up but totally worth it once we were enjoying our steak-sandwich picnic by the lake!

Our picnic spot!
Everything seems crisper and more colourful up there..... ahhh
sweet mangled dead tree
still working on my synchro skills!!  
It was a great hike with great company... another sweet day in Tahoe.

The rest of the weekend kind of flew by with packing and a wedding! BUT we managed to find some free time last night and headed over to lake tahoe to meet up with my old teammate Anne-Marie!!
We watched the colours change as the sun set.
I had to.
The reflections in the puddle and the rare red sky made for some epic pics!
this is my favourite!
It's rare to see a red sky like this in Tahoe, so I guess we chose the best night to head up there for some bbq fun.
And as it got darker, we prepared for our FULL MOON PADDLE BOARDING!!
We stand up paddled from this beach to a restaurant across the bay and back under the full moon sky.
It was amazing.  But I am a beginner so I had no camera!!! Hopefully I can get some pics because they were insane.  It was the craziest thing to be on a calm lake paddling with the full moon as our guide!
So the paddling was definitely a summer highlight!!
And then we got back to our other favourite activity this morning! Mountain Biking!
The view of the lake where we had been moonlight paddling less than 10 hours earlier! ha.
Anyway, back to packing and to the gym!! BUT amazing memories and sights and adventures this week!! Summer is flying by.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go on a moonlight paddle! Miss you guys. xo

    ReplyDelete