Sunday, July 18, 2010

Another beautiful weekend in Tremblant!! 
Biking, dancing, laughing and thundershowers made it another great one!  
Here's a couple pics from yesterday.
My parents enjoying their morning coffee out on the bench.

My dad and I decided to try out a new bike route... on paper it looked good, but finding ourselves stuck on 10km of dirt road didn't feel so good. At least the views were nice along the Rouge.
Water break along the dreaded dirt road....
When the dirt road FINALLY linked up with civilization, we found ourselves at the Macaza Covered bridge!  I googled it and found out that it was built in 1904.  These typical Quebec bridges are covered because the materials used to make them tended to deteriorate quickly, so in order to prolong the life of the bridge, it was covered! 
Pretty cool construction.... no wonder it's lasted over 100 years!!
rolling.
posing with the graffiti....
my favourite graffiti.... "that party last night was offly crazy"  too bad bridges don't have spell check.

MARCO!
biking into the light!
What the bridge looks like from the outside!
A windmill that looks a lot like a painting...
Anyway, Quebec's cool... road biking around is a fun way to see things that I would otherwise overlook. 
I gotta go pack!! heading to California in HALF AN HOUR!!!! Procrastination should be my middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment