Saturday, March 27, 2010

blogging for the sake of blogging

My deep thoughts about Spring.
I feel like these tree things my mom picked from the woods... Like them, I am inside where I don't belong, but I continue to thrive  (me: thanks to ice, muscle stimulation machines, biking, physiotherapy...etc; the tree things: thanks to some water)  BUT I am not where I want to be...(outside breathing in the amazing spring weather.)  I have replaced my typical spring activities with knee rehabilitation.

The knee rehab has been a slow process and there have been ups and downs, but I know that I will be stronger from all of this and things will continue to move forward now and in the future!!!

Either way, I am taking advantage of patio season and reading tons of books.  I just finished "Bel Canto" that Chelsea and Trevor sent to me. I really really enjoyed it and I even read it while spinning on the bike today!!! If a book can be read while biking, it must be good.  I also read "the sister" by Poppy Adams which I didn't really like in terms of the plotline, but I enjoyed the narrative way in which it was written.

This is a picture of the plant that I represent. ha
And I've made some friends!
At first they were shy, and I was shy, and we are all still shy.
Anyway, jokes aside, Tremblant is an amazing place to go when you need a breath of fresh air.
Here's what I saw on my way up to the house yesterday. ahhh.

1 comment:

  1. The plant is called moosewood and has a female and male version. The picture shows the female plant which produces a white flower made up of tiny multiple petals. I love the shape of the branches and sparse placement of the leaves and flowers. In the winter while on snowshoes in the woods I am on the lookout for this bush and try to go back in the early spring to cut branches and watch the buds flower.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete