Monday, March 8, 2010

4 days post-operation! WALKING-ish

What I was doing a week ago!

What I am doing now... post ACL surgery...
Hanging with my family.... Giacomo and Dad... me looking slightly drugged...
ICING CAN BE FUN!! haha good times.  I lived on that couch for 2 days post-op.
Giacomo and I re-created the Olympic Spirit!! Miga became a gold medal skier and we had our own Olympic torch!! (popsicle sticks, tape and a candle!! Who woulda thought!)
And of course "exercising..." which means flexing, stretching and straightening!  It's really hard to straighten a swollen operated knee.... And my foot looks ridiculously HUGE in this picture! Bigger than my head! ha (I'm only a size 9.5....)
And this is the beginning of my career as a poser for stretches!! I can picture this exact picture on the wall of the gym's stretching area!!!
Anyway...
I'm back at home now and things are progressing! I am walking slowly and trying not to limp!  Also, I'm reading a pretty good book called "The girl with the dragon tatoo" (Thanks Christa!!) But I will probably be done by tomorrow!! Reading is back!  Sometimes I read a ton and then stop reading for months... So I am back on a reading roll with lots of free time on my hands while icing etc...  Check out goodreads.com  it's sort of an online book club!  We can be book club friends!
Good times! The internet is bugging me other than blogging... so. That's my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment