Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SOCIALIZING at closing ceremonies!

Since we had not stayed in Athlete's Village, our arrival to the Vancouver village was overwhelming!! Everywhere you looked, was a recognizable face!  It was cool since we had been watching and cheering for these people all week, and finally got to congratulate them in person!
First up! Alex Bilodeau and Brigitte!


I got a chance to talk to Clara Hughes,  an inspirational athlete who I've looked up to over the last few years!! But I forgot to take a pic with her, but noticed that she was in my torch wannabe picture. ha.
PS did you see us dancing on CTV??? That was us!
Chatted up a couple of our american friends! Adam, stef, johnny and yoshi
Stef and Joannie Rochette!! She is so pretty, and the figure skaters are so tiny in real life!! We were "marching" into the stadium near them and I felt slightly mammoth.
After all the fun at closing ceremonies, we headed back to the athlete's village and had a CANADIAN Pizza PaRTY!

I met Kevin Martin and he told me that sliding and pushing and sweeping is hard on the ice when you are curling. I have no clue about anything when it comes to curling. Anyway, now i know...
Bilodeau again! And cousi! Yeah Quebec (except johnny.....)
Stef and Marc-Andre Fleury... one of the backup goalies....
LUGERS. SAM AND JEFF. good times.
My Calgary homies. we work out together. but not really.
THE MOOSE!!! Most of our team posing with the moose!!
Alpine tech team!! me,bri,mitch,mp and erin
THE FAMOUS KENT "magic hands" KOBELKA!! I would not have been competing without him!! PLUS he was the hockey canada physio, so he has touched famous people with gold medals!
Some sweet getups and trades... once we were all out on the stage during the closing ceremonies, there were some serious trading sessions!!  Everyone wanted Canadian clothes!! And apparently this guy wanted a cross between finnish boots and scottish kilts..?
Me and Maelle Ricker!
The amount of pizza a roomful of athletes can consume!

Sarah Schleper and Hubertus Von Hohenloe ? Dunno how to spell his name BUT he is a 51 year old Mexican ski racer! AH-MAZING.
Biggs and the Georgian figure skater!  I just googled her and I think her name is Elene Gedevanishvili...BUT if i'm wrong just ask biggs, Im sure he knows!
me MP and SIDNEY CROSBY!! nothing more to say.
AND our local HERO JASEY JAY!! He is the only one of these "famous athletes" who I can say I am on a first name basis with since we train together in the summer!! YEAH BUDDY!
That concludes my photo diary of people we met who did well at the games!!
Maybe one day people will post pics of me on their blogs because I did well!!?!?!
BUT, this is probably my last blog for a while since I am leaving tomorrow for knee surgery on Thursday.
I'm glad I got to experience these past 2 weeks, but now it's back to reality and REHAB.
Aurevoir!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, looks like a great party. Was really fun to be out there and to get a chance to watch you race!

    Good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, picture with Sid the Kid, well done Anna! Best of luck with the surgery, Jackson Hole eagerly awaits your next visit, July 4th maybe?

    ReplyDelete