Friday, March 5, 2010

for once a fat knee is a good knee! (yay surgery)

NEW KNEE!  It is fat because I got SURGERY!
I have been surgically repaired by the amazing Dr. Litchfield!  New ACL and cleaned up mensicus's? Menisci? Not sure it that is plural or something.  BUT all I can say is that I'm glad I'm on track towards getting better now, even if it is momentarily painful!! But that's what Percocet is for!!  Here is a weird shot from my phone this afternoon of my big fat knee (incisions covered for your stomach's sake...) beside my nice normal knee.


Just want to include a huge thanks to my family, friends, doctor Litchfield and doctor Irving, Kent, Stef, all my teammates and coaches and trainers and fellow blogger and readers! And of course Melanie, Frank and Giacomo for their hospitality this weekend!! They are letting me take over their couch and feeding my yummy snacks!  This season has been memorable for good and bad reasons, and even though the skiing part is over, I still plan to have many sweet adventures to blog about in future!!
Until then!! I will be crutching and icing.

3 comments:

  1. Anna!! your poor fat knee... at least it's only the surgically repaired one ;). Take care of yourself and just remember it's going to take A LOT of patience but you WILL get better!! Like I said, what you've done so far is amazing and you should be really proud of yourself :)
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you forgot to wipe that huge booger on the side of your fat knee off for the picture. Nice cankle. Get better soon, wishing you a strong and speedy recovery, Trev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about you and hope all went well. Now on to the recovery mode!! HAPPY HEALING! XOXO Rena

    ReplyDelete