Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cabane A Sucre! (sugaring off!)

Welcome to my 100th blog post!!  It all started back in July while I was bored waiting in the airport lounge in Toronto for my flight to New Zealand!  I have really enjoyed documenting my travels and teammates through pictures and in writing.  Although many things have happened along the way, ups and downs, I hope to continue to find inspiration to write blogs through my photo's and friends!  Since having surgery I haven't had the picturesque landscape photo opportunities that I normally have travelling for skiing, but I've still found ways to get out and have a good time and take photos of funny weird things to do when you can't do SPORTS!

For example.... Last weekend was Stefan Guay's (another knee injured teammate) birthday!! And what better way to celebrate his birthday Quebec style than to hit up the SUGAR SHACK!  Tapped trees, tire sur neigh, saucisses, crepes, sirop d'erable!  Health-wise, it's pretty much the worst meal ever: dip deep fried bacon, ham, sausages, crepes and omelette in a ton of maple syrup.  And then for dessert, take reduced maple syrup, pour it onto some snow, and roll it up onto a popsicle stick and eat it.
AMAZING.
It was a good time!  PLUS in was Marco and Jeff's first experience EVER.  I think they left satisfied for at least another year.
Sugar Shack decorating tips: Go oldschool and cover the walls with junk you don't use anymore.
Pipe anybody?
EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! and cover everything in syrup! I definitely put it in my soup.
They planned this!! bros for life.
Syrup in everything, seriously, no joke.
DROWN your crepes in syrup!! well done birthday boy.
EAT SYRUP ON A STICK (tire sur neige)
Roll it yourself!!
And enjoy.....
My only advice is to pop a couple Zantacs or heartburn remedies before and after consuming this amazing meal!
yay for maple syrup.  NEVER EVER offer me aunt jemima's or log cabin fake stuff. I will be mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment