Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life in the Berg of Kirch (Church Mountain?)

We're back training on the "Gaisberg" in Kirchberg!
It's been pretty chilly over the last two days, so there have been moments like this: where we are all huddled around the little fire in the lodge!
 :)
 strike a pose!
 ICY icicles........looming over Kirchberg
 And our start! 
 I had to warm my ruined-by-nakiska feet.... I was pretty much in the fire along with my boots trying to thaw my toes.
looking up at the roof of the Gaisberg-stubl (the name of the lodge)
EVEN Jenny was cold!!! mmmmmm coffeeeeeeee
And then, after skiing and some afternoon yoga, Erin and I made DINKEL BROT!! a.k.a. spelt bread!
With only a few ingredients!!
Spelt Flour (as much as needed for the perfect texture), 500ml warm water, tbsp of salt, 2 tbsp of olive oil, tbsp of Yeast, 1/2 tbsp of sugar, and some olives combined with AGGRESSIVE KNEADING! sooo delicious and totally worth the bicep workout!
Thanks to Marcel's teaching and patience!! Delicious loaves we're had by all.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i love bread.

1 comment: