Tuesday, December 14, 2010

KIRCHBERG! the beginning.....

We arrived in Europe 2 days ago but our bags did NOT.
It's slightly frustrating not to have any clothes, let alone any clothes to SKI in, and despite having carried our boots onto the airplane (which makes our carry-on's weigh A MILLION POUNDS...) we still could not ski since 3/4 of us had no gear.
So, keeping up with the Christmas spirit, Eve, Britt and I hit town yesterday in our beautiful XL Lufthansa exclusive white t-shirts,  and bought a do-it-yourself Christmas Village!
 While Erin was skiing and Britt was drinking coffee and nursing her forever damaged thumbs, Eve and I got some glue and built this beautiful MASTERPIECE! We are super proud of it!!! haha!  And it was an amazing way to kill some time and forget that we were wearing ugly t-shirts and had no clean clothes!
Our bags did eventually arrive, and today we headed over to Maria-Alm and skied at Hinterreit with the Americans!  It felt good to get back on skis and feel some ICE under my feet!
 North America/Austria.  Here's what the training hill looks like with a north american course beside an austrian course!  Good times.  It's actually a decently steep and icy pitch, although it's hard to tell from this picture.
 Tim was teaching us something!  And I was posing! haha.  too cool for school!
Just joking, he was actually drawing some crazy map and we were all confused.

At one point I was like, I'm gonna take a picture of one of the Austrians, as my camera was pointed up the hill at one of the racer girls, but Jay or Tim (both SO "HILARIOUS"....) we're like "there's one right in front of you!!!" pointing at my technician Martin.
ha.
So, here's an Austrian mountain in maria-alm, and an Austrian human from maria alm.
such crazy amazing connections.
 Anyway, that's enough blabbing for now....
The day ended after a successful and funny-at-times training session! Here are my skis!  GO HEAD!
and my teammates! GO TEAM!
The coaches ICED Kirchberg so it should be nice and ICY for some more training tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the fate you can not help it. I hope that your luggage will return happily.

    ReplyDelete