Friday, August 13, 2010

nature rejuvenation.

I've been feeling kind of uninspired this week and decided to drive up to Tremblant for my last 2 days of summer here and hike up Blueberry Hill to get rejuvenated before my next block of training.
Being one with blueberry hill.

I was sitting at the top enjoying the view when a massive eagle swooped directly above me, calmly flapping its wings.  I was so engrossed by it that I completely forgot to take a picture until it was almost out of sight.  Eagles are so sweet, they must have the most amazing views.
heart blueberry hill.
When I was working with Ladd, the physio in Truckee, he would often be digging into my psoas muscles and tell me to go to my happy place.  This is my happy place!  I have a spot where I always sit and enjoy the view, the breeze, the smells and the noises of nature.
AND I was overjoyed to see my first few red trees!! They are starting to change and I cannot wait for Autumn!! 
I was so pumped about the red trees that I attempted to hand-stand. Not my best performance but at least the effort was there!
And so, I headed back home.
A little friend along the way.
And some more red leaves that I collected!
I am into collaging lately....
I took the collaging one step further and stitched together a little panorama of Lake Tremblant from the top of Blueberry Hill!
Once I made it home I felt totally rejuvenated and relaxed.  I love it up here!
Calgary is my next stop for physical testing and training with Larisa and Kelly V! 
I just thought this no trespassing picture was kind of cool.... or should I say "defense de passer"
French lesson of the day...
speaking of french... here's a shout-out to my amazing friend Gail Kelly, we were on the team together for a couple of great years and now she's going to be a mommy!!!
The four of us were on the team at some point together: Gen Simard, me, Gail and Julie Langevin.  Ski friends are friends forever.
And of course ANNA P.  I was known as Anna G for a while when we were both on the team!
And I leave you with SHIVA, giving me the "I am disgusted by you" look.....

Happy weekend to everybody!

1 comment:

  1. hey anna

    a 5 hour montreal to calgary flight, a quick google/youtube search and you're now my favourite professional skier!

    give me a shout if you're ever in the saskatoon area.

    daniel

    ReplyDelete