Friday, August 20, 2010

Testing and training SUCCESS! And lots of changes....

I'm back in the airport after a week of testing and training in Calgary! Everything seems to be on track and it was great to catch up with my rehab friends Larisa and Kelly!
Here we are during a boxing session!!

Something was funny!! (probably my technique...)
During a lifting session this morning.... going over some basics.
Ka-zaam.




The three steps from the floor to an overhead split-squat...

Some normal squats...

Some core stability!!

JUMPING! yay jumping.
And some lateral jumping!! Getting my knee ready for SKIING!
The week was a success and I am still on track to be back on snow in a month!! Lot's of work up until then but I feel super motivated to push myself for the next few weeks before SKIING!

AND on another note, you may have noticed that my teammate Brigitte Acton announced her retirement a few days ago... We've been teammates, best friends, roommates, confidantes and slalom competitors for about 15 years, so i'm sad to see her go, but excited for her and Mike's new life together!! A new chapter in her life story which will undoubtedly be a great one!
Our last hurrah, together at the Olympic closing ceremonies earlier this year!

It's pretty crazy how much our team has changed over the past year with me, Kelly Vanderbeek and Larisa Yurkiw being injured; Gen Simard, Emily Brydon, Shona Rubens and Brigitte Acton retiring; Hugues coming back as head coach and a bigger technical team than we have seen in a LONG time!  The new wave is exciting, but the past friendships, trips, races, experiences, fun times and laughs will never be forgotten!! I'll miss the retirees A LOT!  The new season will be a new chapter for many of us with lot's of new and exciting adventures yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment