Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back in the jungle-ness of Quebec!

Every time I arrive home to Quebec from California, I feel like I am venturing into the jungle!! THe humidity, the overgrown green bushes, and all the leaves make it such a contrast to the dry, almost desert-like and twiggy grounds of the Californian forests.  Where there are massive trees and thistly bushes in California, there are not-so-massive trees and millions of leafy bushes here in Quebec.  Anyway, I guess it's the humidity and the leaves that are the biggest difference to me, but I love both places so here's a post for my Californian friends who have never been to the green, leafy, humid province of Quebec!  Where you can tap the trees and make maple syrup, or pick raspberries and blueberries in the hills!

On my way down and up from the lake I stopped many times and feasted on the fresh raspberries!
This spider wrapping and eating it's prey scared me away from this particular raspberry bush. gross.
the leafy green overgrown path to the lake.
a cool moss-covered log.
the path again! I think it's really pretty... plus green is my favourite colour so I was going a little camera-crazy.
I've posted a pic of this tree before because it's GROWING on the rock!! so sweet. nature is ridiculous!
More GREEN! looking up through the leaves at the sun poking through.
And finally, the lake!
And one more slightly repetitive picture, so I made it into a slightly repetitive collage!
Today is officially my 5 month mark since surgery!  I would absolutely LOVE to be in new zealand right now with the rest of the team, but I still need one more month until I am cleared by the doctors to go skiing!! So I am taking this month as a final push to get super fit in anticipation for my return to snow in September! yay! I can't wait!  Five months has flown by, so this last month shouldn't be that big of a deal!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Anna,

    I'm Kim Benny and I work as an Executive Assistant at the Quebec Foundation for Athletic Excellence. I really enjoyed discovering your blog today while trying to find out a missing information on you.

    Since it is the Foundation 25th Anniversary this year, our December edition of the Momentum magazine will feature a short profile on 500 previous bursary recipients and we would like you to be part of that. For your profile, we have most information we need, we are only missing which field you completed your DEC in at Lower Canada College. I would really like if you could call at 514-252-3171 #3728 or email at faeq@videotron.ca. Thanks :) Kim

    ReplyDelete