Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whirlwind of Travels and some Good news!

ROAD TRIP!!
I finally made it home two nights ago.  My flights were sweet (business class is how I roll), the flight attendants were awesome and kept me stocked with ice bags for my knee and chocolates for my belly, AND being wheelchaired around the airport has amazing benefits!! I got to skip security lineups and customs lineups!! IT was AMAZING.
The morning after arriving home, my mom (best caregiver ever) and I hit the road around 6am and started trekking to LONDON (ontario...) to see the doctor!! Dr. Litchfield gave me some really good news!! Instead of a ton of stuff being wrecked, I have only torn my ACL and Meniscus, and I have a bone bruise.  So this means I can walk around! (limp around....) I need to prep my knee for surgery which means getting it into the best shape possible before going under the knife!  So I am heading to Calgary tomorrow to start working with our team physio, Kent!
Anyway,
THIS is how we roll: TIMMY's coffees (BLACK), a cooler full of ice bags, and a crate thingy full of snacks!



Plus about 6 pillows to prop up my genou! Back seat driving.....

My mom drove about 18 hours over the last 2 days and she still was smiling near the end!!  Plus the Sun is shining on her!!

BLING BLING!  My crutches are beautiful and sparkly.  On the drive from Zagreb to Austria, Brigitte and I dug into my arts and crafts bag and made my crutches appropriate for travel!

Dots, sparkles, stickers and pearls make up my nice crutches!! AND the 2 hats I knitted this week!

One of the important stickers on my crutches since I am now a 4 legged being.

MY Knitting: I call this one Purple with a tree....  you can purchase this HANDMADE piece of fashionable art for a mere 250euros or 5000Kuna, or some millions of swedish dollars Or 50 Canadian.  Choose your own currency!!

I call this one Raving in the woods.  I will give it to whoever shows me the best dance.

Along the way I got to stop in TOronto and visit my cousin Giacomo and stayed with my Aunt and Uncle, Melanie and Frank! THANKS!!  We checked out Giacomo's Lego's (i think that one is a millenium falcon type ship from Star Wars??)

And when I got home I had flowers from BRigitte waiting for me!

Thanks Bri!! I miss her and the rest of the team.... but it is what it is!

And so I posed.

All I can say is that I feel a million times better than I did in the picture below.  Stef and I were riding down in the crazy ambulance to the hospital from the race.  Its been a crazy few days but I have a lot of new goals for the next few weeks and I am ready to attack them and get better!!!

ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, glad to see you're doing well! keep the blog going, nice to see the knitting hasn't suffered ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure which dance to give to earn that hat...... I DO have a couple to choose from....

    ReplyDelete