Thursday, January 14, 2010

Avatar, Chinooks, and a dog named Max

Hello!!
The blog has been lagging, but I have been really busy lately despite the lack of skiing, and I have had WAY less amazing photo-ops.   Working hard at the gym, biking, icing, and working with Kent (our physio) takes up most of my day and it's not nearly as picturesque as skiing in the Alps or the Dolomites or wherever!  But even without the views, I have already noticed many improvements in my knee despite the lack of my ACL.
One highlight taking place outside of the training center was when Kelly McB and I got to check out AVATAR!!! 3D Glasses and all!! IT was AHHmazing.  It made me want my 8 year old imagination back!! Awesome graphics and a nice little love story combined to make a sweet 2 hours and 45 minutes.  We were well prepared with water bottles and an ice bag!!
NEVER go anywhere with out ice or a Game Ready!!! That's for sure.
There are our AVATAR faces. hissing at the bad guys....
Other than physio, gym, sweet movies AND THE BACHELOR.... (I am so pumped to be able to watch the bachelor's drama and craziness every Monday night!!! That show is pure entertainment at its finest.)  Anyway other than the usual daily activities, I have also been keeping my eye on the sky!! The Chinook Clouds keep on rolling through!!

The big blankets that cover the city mean WARM WEATHER! Yay!  I'm not sure yet if I could survive the -30 degree weather.... I like it warm and spring-like!  AND its cool to look at, especially from here.

And Finally, this should have been one of my new year's resolutions or injury activities... I have been trying to bond with Max the dog.  I have never had a dog and I am super awkward with dogs and don't know how to talk to them or pet them or be throw the ball with them, but I think that I may finally overcome my dog-less lifestyle and make a new friend.

I can tell he is unimpressed with my sad attempt at throwing the ball for him....

But I think he will come around! And so will I!! And I know Meg and Kelly will be all like awwww over these pics, so these are for both of you!  And one day I too will be like awwwww.

Once again a huge thanks to everybody helping me out and sending all the get-well wishes!

4 comments:

  1. Noticing a little product placement up there in first paragraph! haha!
    did my sis tell you about the website that has rated you one of the best skier blog's? AWESOME!
    wishing you all the best miss!
    ps: the dog is so cute. poodle mixed with...
    pps: miya and shiva will be happy that you are working on your doggies skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey annabanana !!!! looks like you're staying in a sweet house !!! with a dog with tall legs ... ha !!! nice pic of calgary -30 .... ouff ... almost makes me wanna go back !!!haha .... that is a joke by the way !!!! hope your eating alot of sushi because we are lacking ha !! and hope your not only eating salad but also a little bit of chocolate !!lol we miss you here !!! its not the same without you on the road : S !!!
    but glad to hear all the physio work is going well !! keep it up : )
    mp and mitch
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete