Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Forget Injuries, never forget Kindnesses"

After a lot of crazy traveling, hospitals, crutches, no crutches.... I am finally walking my way around Calgary, sans crutches.   After seeing the doc I was told that I do not actually need to hobble around unless it hurts!! Walking has never seemed so sweet!
Another thing that is SO SWEET is the "game ready" machine that I have access to through our team.  It is the most amazing thing of 2010 for me.  Its a combination of ice and pressure all around my knee... AHH-MAZING.
And other than wasting WAY too much time online I have actually been quite busy working with Kent's magic hands in physio.  Things are going well and I can't thank everybody here in Calgary enough for all the support I am getting.  Here is one example:

The sweet view I get to check out every-time I look outside that is A MILLION TIMES better than staying in a lonely hotel room! THANK YOU!  : )

Other than admiring Calgary and stationary biking, icing, physio, etc... I have been thinking of some sweet goals to set for my post-operation recovery:

- Knit an Afghan (Rena's suggestion...)
-Take a photography course
-Take a beginners painting course
- learn more German (more than the 10 words I already know...)
- Actually hang out with some of my facebook friends.... even though we all say that we can keep in touch "so well" with technology, I haven't physically seen most people that I am "in touch" with on facebook.  Emphasis on the quotation marks.
-READ more books and get OFFLINE (fail)
- meditate
- visualize ripping slalom courses next season
- decorate Marco's new house (in my head....haha)
- COOK! (and bake) Learn some sweet recipes to impress people with....extravagant recipes!

more to come..... still thinking up some new ones...

I have lots to keep me busy right now and I am happy to be in one place with a clear focus on the next few weeks.
I hope the girls keep ripping it up!
I do NOT miss my squeaky bed in Kirchberg and the honeycomb pillows (I actually do misss them....) but I REALLY do miss the girls and hanging around on my squeaky bed and honeycomb pillows talking girl talk and laughing at nothing....

ahhh the good times.

And as good old Confucius would say "Forget injuries, never forget Kindnesses."
To my friends, family, doctors, physios, trainers, team, and fellow Calgarians helping me out... Kindness far overrules an injured knee.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me smile. I miss you alot.
    S-dogg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this injury could use a rehab stint this summer in Jackson! If it ain't Alberta, then it ain't beef?
    Heal knee, heal knee.

    ReplyDelete