Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday weekend and missing SHONA!

INTRO to blog:
Shona is one of my best friends and I miss her!  So I decided to dedicate my birthday blog to her! Especially since she scored her first world cup Giant Slalom points this weekend!!  She came 23rd and my birthday was the 23rd, so it all made sense.
Anyway.  Shona has epic "motorboat" faces.... you basically blow really hard out of your mouth so that your lips flap...
We've all done it (see below) but she manages to do it better.
And I added a normal pretty picture of her to justify the hilarity of this post.  ALL inspired by Kelly Mcbrooms latest blog video about shona.


CAN YOU FIND SHONA's MOTORBOAT in EVERY PICTURE????
GOOD LUCK.
IT IS A HARD TASK... but I believe.

So anyway, I've been doing lots of THIS. Game Readying up my knee at least 6 times a day...

And lots of this in the gym, getting my quads and glutes JACKED!  I get to physio/the gym at 9am and usually leave around 3pm.  Full days of epicness.

The gym and physio and icing have been taking up so much of my time, that I decided it would be a good idea have a 24th Birthday Party!!!
My mom came to town and we went out for a YUMMY Italian meal with Nora and Kelly!!

I think we were close to Cortina!!! ( where the ladies world cups were this weekend....)

Italy is SO beautiful this time of year!! SO glad we decided to stop by....

Let's just do some fishing.....imaginary fishing... :(

KELLY REACHING FOR THE MOON..... because at least she will land among the stars??? is that the quote?? Or at least she will be hanging with shona.

All in all, it was a sweet birthday weekend!! My mom and my pretty new necklace and a couple new books made it the closest to "home" birthday I've had since 15!

My mom and I explored tons of great restaurants and ate some DELICIOUS food!!
We went to a cool Indian restaurant called "Mango Shiva" where they gave my mom a tour of the Kitchen and showed her the clay ovens where they make the yummy Naan bread....

And we ate some delicious breakfast's and lunche's at the Avenue Diner!! Pancakes, subs, salads, soups.... mmmm. It was a food weekend to remember.
Anyway it was a really fun birthday, and now I'm back to the daily physio and gym routine!  I kinda missed it!! kind of....
HOpe that you found Shona in each pic and that it was as entertaining for you as it was for me!!
haha.
yay shona.

6 comments:

  1. Peculiar way to honour Shona's accomplishment, but to each his own eh?

    Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read on TSN that you could be skiing in the Olympics. That's awesome news. Hope the recovery continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    First of all yayayayayayayyy! So happy for you!
    And second, what you did with Shona's fabulous motorboat is well, also fabulous! Cracked me up, especially the gym shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. motorboating 4 life!
    SRUB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Shona interviewing with Jennifer Hedger in her downhill suit during the OG's. So funny....

    ReplyDelete