Sunday, January 17, 2010

We Believe!

Today was the last world cup ladies slalom race of the season.  It's been hard to watch the times on my computer instead of watching from the bottom of the hill having already raced my race.  I feel out of the loop and disconnected from the girls and the excitement of the races... But I guess that's just part of being injured for the time being.  It is always nice to see Canadian names on the results, way to go Bri and Mitch!! And I am pumped to have finally qualified for world cup finals! Although I will not be able to race them, it's still nice to know that I made it with only three results! (World Cup Finals are only for the top 25 racers of the season, I ended up 24th...)  So that is a cool accomplishment for me, with or without an injury.
Other than waking up in the wee hours of the morning to check out live race results, I have been continuing with my rehab routine:
This is my new daily hangout! Working with Kent at the Bob Niven Training center in Calgary for about 4-5 hours a day!  It pretty much consists of biking, icing, muscle stim-ing, getting treated by Kent, icing, biking, easy exercises...etc.  Lots of ice and lots of improvements!!
It's a pretty entertaining atmosphere with Kent, Robbie, Kelly and John chit-chatting away as I get treated and sip my tea.

The Olympic motto keeping us motivated!! It's stuck in a different place everyday and reminds us of why we spend hours and hours everyday trying to get back on snow!

ROBBIE BELIEVES!! yeah buddy!

Keeping the belief for next month!!

Anyway, things are going well and my knee is feeling really good!
Robbie is feeling good too! He's ready to rip it up in a few weeks! It will be Exciting!
The next week looks pretty similar in terms of physio.... and I baked 4 loaves of bread yesterday!!  Maybe I'll make 8 this week!! haha carbo loading!

No comments:

Post a Comment