Wednesday, January 25, 2012

birthday!

Kranjska Gora didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  Straddling the 4th GATE.... yes, that's what happened, sucks! I was really disappointed because the snow was so awesome and I think it would be a great hill for me.  We got to train on the race hill the following day which gave me a boost of confidence after a disappointing race, the training was amazing.  One of the best days this year.  It left me feeling excited to attack some Europa Cups and keep staying positive until the next world cup in 2 weeks.  I am skiing strong and fast and one day of straddling isn't the end of the world.

ANYWAY it was also my 26th BIRTHDAY!!! I don't feel any older or wiser but I had a great day off in Innsbruck with Marco!  We ate non-Austrian food and enjoyed the snowy deserted city.
 from above, looking out at the Ski Jump!
 :)
 I got back to good old Kirchberg just in time to catch the mens night race last night!!!
It's been fun to watch Mike and Brad go all out in the recent slaloms.  The one thing that completely blows my mind and inspires me further is how much guys ATTACK.   They just go as hard as they can no matter what.  I like it.
 I walked home from the train station in a massive snowstorm.  It was super peaceful and beautiful, I bet there are some people out there having epic powder days today!!
As for us, we are off to Switzerland for some Europa Cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment