Friday, March 4, 2011

injury update!

Ok so I tweeted it and facebooked it, but I haven't really explained what is going on!
Here is a summary: my hip has be bothering me since December when I fell in the world cup in Courchevel.  Over the last month my hip was getting increasingly painful to the point where I knew I needed to come to Calgary to focus on getting better.  So I came to Calgary after World Championships and saw Kent and Chris and got an "MRA" which (from what I understand) is an MRI where they injected my hip with some dye to help see what was really going on in there.
The results came back that I have torn my Posterior Labrum and also have some cartilage damage.  I actually have no clue what that all means except that I will find out soon whether or not I need surgery to fix it.
It's frustrating to have to end my season early again, and the season was frustrating with so many ups and downs coming back from my knee injury and then dealing with my hip.  I had some really great moments, and those are the moments that make me want more and to see what I am fully capable of accomplishing in ski racing.  I want to win!!!  I've already planned to move out west to work with the team staff this summer and become the fittest and strongest (physically and mentally) that I have ever been.  I really want another shot at ripping up world cups and skiing the way I can when I am totally healthy.
So that's whats up, and I miss the girls and skiing and everyone on the team, but I have been totally embraced by the REHAB team and I find myself laughing and joking everyday as though it is totally natural to be here!  So thanks Kent and Kelly and all the boys!!! The rehab group is so positive and everyone is so focused on healing and so am I!

1 comment:

  1. posted on twitter, but will on here as well..so sorry about your hip, I hope you can get back to skiing and exploring soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete