Saturday, February 5, 2011

Zwiesel is actually how you spell it.

So.... I don't have a lot to say about yesterday's race other than congrats to mitch and erin for pulling through and getting some really sweet results! 
I made second run and was going all out trying to break into top15-top10 overall but ended up cutting my line wayyyy tooooo tight and not finishing. Along with 11 other girls.  It was carnage on the slalom hill yesterday and whoever skied solidly got rewarded with great results.  I always try and tell myself to go all out or don't go at all, and yesterday was just one of those slalom days that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

OK anyway, today the GS was cancelled so MP, Mitch and I went into Zweisel and checked out the town!

THIS PICTURE IS FOR SHONA!!!! We posed on this exact toy in the streets four years ago!  Time flies and I miss SHona!!!  You can see what she's up to on www.kumulife.blogspot.com 
 MP rode the horsey.
 MP et moi
 Bonjour!!
 Leiderhosen and Deirndl's for 20%off!!! What a SALE!! 
 mitch and her scarf being hippies.

 I decided to document some of the yummy food we eat when Marcel's amazing food isn't around!!
This is Hawaii-Toast!  Toast, ham, pineapple, melted cheese and euro-cranberry jam!
 This is a euro Club Sandwich!!! bacon-y.
 our favourite drink: apfelsaft gesprizt!  Apple juice in sparkling water. Amazing.
 cake!
 this thing looked amazing, but we were too full to try it in the end.
 Gelato!
 orange building!! (not for eating...ha)
 green barn building!!!
c'est tout!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you girls too!! At the moment I am sitting at a legitimate german bakery in the middle of costa rica! They have amazing pretzels. We have also been traveling with a bunch of germans and swiss germans, so I almost feel like I am back in Europa!
    Good to hear that the team is doing so well. I cant believe how fast the time is going... we are already half way through our trip!!! insane
    Today we are heading to THE CARRIBBEAN!!! Wahooo!!!
    Say hello to all the girls and thanks for the picture!!
    xoxoxox
    shona

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO GIRLS!!!
    oh Kathrin, never gets old.
    GUSTAV!!
    haha miss you girl! enjoy the euro delicacies of costa-rica! Can't believe you are already halfway!! THATS crazyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete