Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wild horses running up the mountain!

France was sweet.  Nothing beats crepes and coffee for dessert.  The race went pretty well also.  I had a so-so first run followed by a good second run and ended up *8th in a pretty competitive field! 
The night before the race I really wanted to go to town to take some pics of these really cool christmas lights!  So I did!! But first I took a couple more night shots from the hotel....

 THE CRAZIEST THING was that as I was taking these pics from my balcony, I heard a weird rumbling and suddenly three horses were just running up the hill.  I have no clue where they came from or where they were going, but I was completely shocked!!! I tried to take a picture but it was too dark and they were running too fast and all I got was this blurry mess!
And then of course when I told everyone no one really believed me... and Jay was like thats why this place is called "courchevel" because "cour" and "cheval" in french mean "run" and "horse" in english! ha!
So yeah, there were three random horses sprinting up the hill at night. no big deal.
 After the horse incident, I headed to town to take some pictures of these pretty lights!

 repetitive: yes.  pretty nonetheless: yes.

 Lights by the Hermes shop.
 And some purple ones too!!
that's all!!
we're back in Kirchberg for our last day here of the season!!!! Crazy!!! ALthough there is still about a month left in Europe, we'll no longer be coming back to our "home-away-from-home..."
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment