Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I love the French Alps!

After training yesterday morning with the guys in Westendorf (near Kirchberg), we embarked on a long journey to FRANCE!! We arrived late last night in Courchevel after the 8-9 hour drive from Austria.  During the drive I read a book called "Room" by Emma Donoghue that Britt lent to me.  It was intense but helped pass a couple of hours! Also, I couple days ago I read the trilogy that starts with "The Hunger Games" that I thought were really good as well!! A really crazy concept dealing with the morals and politics between people of the "future" Earth....Obviously I'm into reading lately.  Now I started reading  "Reading Lolita in Tehran"....  I love reading, it's such an easy way to get transported into another person's story.
But, back to my story!!  When we finally arrived I had no clue where we really were since it was such a dark night, but I thought the CHristmas lights looked cool in the dark!
 When I woke up I saw the most unbelievable view from my window.  Hands down best view of the season!
 AND best patio!!!! Too bad we aren't participating in apres-ski!! But we lounged here all morning before going skiing.  I felt like I was at the beach!
 Christmas lights in the daytime...... hanging around like icicles.
 Eve!!! Reading on the deck!
 beautifully groomed runs right outside our door.....
 Best hotel of the year I think!!! The combination of separate beds, yummy food, yummy coffee, ski-in ski-out, sunshine on the deck and warm weather make "courcheneige" pretty unbeatable!
 Don't be messy with you skis!!!!
 fire starting on the deck....
 ahhhhh paradise!
 paradise calls for a pose!! ha.
Tomorrow we are competing in a Europa Cup here and then heading back to Austria for a few final days of training before WOrld Champs!!!  I thought the girls had a really good start today in the SG, so hopefully our team continues to carry that kind of momentum right until the last days of SLALOM!!!! yay!

2 comments:

  1. The bangle looks really pretty on you. Good memories from my past and now good memories to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Hunger Games is the best!

    Wonderful photos, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete