Monday, February 21, 2011

ok i added a few pictures!

World Championships are now over and I am getting on a plane to Calgary.
Although I had a great second run (I was 5th for the run), my first run was pretty terrible!  I have been having a lot more trouble with my hip than I ever would have thought and it has become too painful to continue for now, so I am going back to see "magic hands Kent" and hope that he can help me get back on track!!!  The last two months  of dealing with the ups and downs of my hip and having days on the hill where I felt pain like I have never had before have caught up with me and I know I need to heal now.  I still have bursts of greatness, like the second run of World Champs and Flachau's second run, and I know I have WAY more to give in races, but I think that with my hip bothering me so much have just started to ski too safe and too cautiously too often.
SO yeah, thats how i feel! I am excited to work on getting better for the last world cup of the season and have a clear mind and a strong and healthy body!

My parents and I watched the mens second run from the hay-covered hillside! A pretty sweet view!!
I thought it was funny how there is so much built up around the finish, and then just in the distance it goes right back into the typical euro farmland.
There were some sad looking fireworks just as we were leaving..... I'm not sure that it was dark enough..........
And Tim gave us a lesson in EXTREME PARKING!!  He pretty much had a few inches per side. it was INTENSE! ha everyone was trying to help!


1 comment: