Saturday, November 13, 2010

Levi

I have no pictures this blog because I overloaded my storage on picasa!!!
Should be working later, so stay tuned!!! We kissed reindeer!
Other than that, I had my first race back since surgery today and it was not amazing.
It started out ok for the first 15-20 gates, until my pole broke in half.  It was super awkward after that; cross blocking with a half pole is not fun.  I lost my balance, my confidence, and ultimately, the run!  I struggled the whole way down with my half pole, and at some point opted to do some old school skiing without cross-blocking, which was also just awkward.  So yeah, not exactly the comeback I had anticipated, but I have been feeling really great on my skis and I know that Aspen will be a whole different story.  I'm just bummed that something that I had no control over happened to me TODAY!! Levi is usually a really fun race for me and having that happen so early on was lame!  But we watched Mitch RIP second run which was really sweet, and Britt Phelan was 31st in the first run.... SO CLOSE!  Our slalom team is on it's way up, with a little bit of better luck and the next week-and-a-half of training, ASpen should be exciting!
Anyway I have a bunch of sweet FINNISH pics from the Finish! haha.
so hopefully those will be up tomorrow!! And we'll be back in the homeland where there is some sun tomorrow as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, but best to use up all bad luck at beginning of season. You'll do great...enjoy the homeland training.

    ReplyDelete