Sunday, November 28, 2010

ASPEN.... the comeback has begun...

Today was my first race back with 2 poles intact! It felt good to be back in the start and trying to push myself to go FASTER! I still have a ways to go to be "back" to where I left off, but I think coming in 23rd place today was a good start to a great season.  I had some really good sections, and some really struggled sections, but overall I had 2 decent runs and scored some world cup points!  I still have lot's left "in the tank" (as my coaches would say), and the next few weeks (including Nor-Ams tomorrow and Tuesday) should be a big step for me in terms of gaining some more training and CONFIDENCE!  I feel like coming back from injury has a mental and physical aspect that are both hurdles that I am overcoming.  Mentally I am trying to get back into race mode where I trust myself and my skiing 100%; and physically, without nearly as much training as an injury-free year, it's hard to really put it all on the line without any doubts.  
Anyway, the season has officially begun for me and I am happy to be back and happy to have a starting point from which I will only move forward!!!  My training has been constantly improving and I know the races will follow suit.

So, here's my weekend in a NUTSHELL!
The girls and I went up to cheer on Chemmy, MP and Mitch in Saturday's GS race.  They are all skiing really well in training and it's just a matter of confidence and trust for them to all be right in there.
Here's CHEMMY! Our team possi-positive!!
 Mitch racing through the finish-line.
 Testing out my sweet "Sky Hotel" zebra robe by the feu by the pool..... probably the sweetest hotel we stay in during the seasoN!
 Playing in the POOL!! Mitch being funny!
 ahhhhhhh paradise.
 I wanted to recreate my LEVI reindeer kissingness, so I posed with this guy!
And I got petted by a BEAR!  I am totally bonding with animals lately.
 We checked out some fireworks!!!



the throne!
AND TODAY!!
A huge congrats to Eve's first world cup points (19th) and another sweet race by Mitch (15Th!)
 yay slalom team.  we are gonna have some good times this year!!! And by good times I mean FAST TIMES!
ACTION SHOTS BY MP!
BAM BAM!
I am le tired.

Norams start tomorrow and they will be the perfect opportunity to continue to find my race gear and my race confidence!

1 comment:

  1. Anna Great to see you skiing so well.

    Ted from Keka shinguards

    Give me a note sometime via e-mail ted@kekadesign.com

    ReplyDelete