Monday, October 4, 2010

PARIS PARIS PARIS!

Paris was....
walking, biking, talking, stopping at cafes for cafe creme et croissants, taking pictures, laughing, admiring fashion, doubting fashion, chocolats et fromage, fountains and architecture...
I didn't go inside of any museums, I didn't go up the eiffel tower, and I didn't search for anything from the DaVinci code and I didn't see the Mona Lisa! But I loved Paris and I thoroughly enjoyed everything I saw and did.  The beauty of the city for me was not to see the museums and be claustrophobic with the millions of other tourists, but to bike and walk and talk and laugh all around town and gaze at all the crazy architecture and eat anything and everything that appealed to me!  I was in the "eat" mode of "eat, pray, love."
 THat's why this farmers market was so appealing! Fresh food in the middle of the city!

 I LOVE CHEESE!! I could not get enough of it.  My best meal was when Steph and I bought a bunch of cheeses and baguette and had a mini feast!
 While walking across one of the many bridges over the Seine, we noticed all these locks...
 I guess this is how people leave their mark on Paris.
 Statues, statues, statues everywhere.  I am blown away by the carvings and statues and architecture everywhere you look.
 Especially with the lion lady.  She looks fierce! 
 And the colours!! Fall was in the air!
 And we were mellow, we took our time, and enjoyed moments.
 Flowers everywhere.  no wonder people are so inspired in Paris, the architecture, the colours, and the parks are all so amazing!!
 Fall and flowers.
 Street vendors.
 Guardians.
 Grafitti, walk dont walk.
 ha!
 I was imagining what the horses would be saying at this moment...
BBBBBLLLLLARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHWEWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLUU.
 Getting into fountain mode...
 Walking, seeing a cute cafe, stopping for a coffee, maybe a croissant?
 Reflecting.
 Chantal and Ariane walking in the park in the midst of my favourite season!
 I like her spot.
 And I like falling leaves rustling in the air.
 This is my dad's kind of Cafe au Lait!! AMAZING.
 We stopped by the Louvre...
 and JUMPED!
 From both sides!
B
 Aurevoir Louvre...maybe one day I will know enough about art to go inside and appreciate everything.
 But for now, I'll just admire the dudes on horses who look as though they are thinking "i'm chillin on my horse with my sweet helmet...."
 AND FINALLY.
HIGHLIGHT of the trip was taking the Velib Bikes and riding up and down the Seine, in and out of neighbourhoods, through parks and through town.  Such a great way to see the city.
THanks again to the girls for letting my tag along!! 
During the season I don't usually get four days in a row completely off, so I jumped at the opportunity and am so happy that I got to explore such a cool city with friends!  I'm back in Solden and on snow tomorrow!!! 
PS we saw Karl Lagerfeld and his entourage... Apparently it was fashion week?? haha.

1 comment:

  1. Anna, that's so cool that you saw some Banksy Graffiti!! I just went to see a movie about him this summer and his stuff is really amazing! Looks like you're having a great time :) Stef

    ReplyDelete