Monday, October 4, 2010

CHAMPAGNE!

Wow! 4 days flew by!!! And I have about a MILLION photos, BUT here are some from the two days I spent in Champagne!!  I met up with Stephanie, Ariane and Chantal (who all happened to be in France the same days as I was) and we had a great time!!!
We arrived in Reims on Thursday and spent two days driving around the vineyards, taking pictures, drinking coffee and eating croissants!!  It was amazing, so beautiful and so relaxing.  We also did two Champagne "house" tours, one of Veuve Clicquot and one of Moet et Chandon.   They were both interesting and it was cool to see the Champagne caves.  
Anyway, here are some pics from the first two days!
Such a beautiful area!
The vineyards... mostly pinot noir and chardonnay.
We drove "la route touristique du champagne"
I picked some grapes (they actually tasted really good!!)
And a sweet hair flip...
yummy
Rolling hills and perfectly manicured vineyards! A sight worth seeing.
beautiful.
There was a lot of "consulting of the guide-book" going on, since we were all complete tourists! Here are the girls checking out the facts on a pretty, flowery street.
I thought this was cool!
The leaves are changing here too!! Doesn't compare to the Quebec fall colours, but still impressive nonetheless.
...and some sweet forested roads too... and steph's sweet jumping!
AND some amazing FOOD! delicious french food was a theme for this trip!! Enjoying a little snack with steph!

Steph and I found a little trail in the woods and went for a mini hike/adventure.... Steph really connected with nature...
The villages in Champagne were filled with flowers! So pretty!!
more gorgeous flowers and a sweet tractor sign!
I thought these vines were cool.
Tasty!!!
Each vineyard was labelled in this way...
Here's the one for Veuve Clicquot!
This is a statue of Dom Perignon, at the Moet et Chandon "house"....
We toured their caves, and I left my mark in the dust!
 A "special" hundred year old Dom Perignon.... or something like that!
 What the caves look like.
And random windows that I thought were cool!
 Some other random pics from here and there in Champagne!
It was really cool and obviously quite beautiful! Thanks to Steph, Ariane and Chantal for letting me tag along!


No comments:

Post a Comment