Monday, September 27, 2010

First gates, first crash, first dinner cooked in europe (EVER)...

Yesterday Solden was looking amazing....... for about an hour...
When we drove up through the clouds we all anticipated an amazing weather day...

Unfortunately the clouds followed us up, and after a few runs this was what we saw.
Despite the bad weather, i still got in my first time back in GATES..... and my first real crash! 
It was hard to feel anything on the soft snow, but it was still fun to get back into hitting some plastic!! My crash totally caught me off guard, my right ski sunk into a hole, leg twisted, ski popped off and I face-planted into some powder.  I was so shocked at first that I wasn't even sure what had happened, but I slowly got up and realized that despite the twisting and bending funnily, my knee was totally fine!
So the lesson of the day was, me knee is no longer fragile! yay.  Like Kent said "it was gonna happen at some point, might as well get it over with and be confident that your knee will withstand crashes!"  (that's definitely not an exact quote....)  But you get the gist? 

Anyway after a good lunch, training session, physio session, a couple icing sessions, we (me, kent, jay, brad) decided that for the first time in Europe history, we would cook our own dinner!!!
Usually we are staying in hotels with restaurants and it's all part of the package, but since we have a little kitchen here and we are all sick of Schnitz and Frtiz, we got down to cheffing business.
The guys were so focused.... (brad and jay)
Le Chicken!
Jay was on Pasta duty and at one point put his ski-goggles on to really get into it.

Anyway, it was nice to eat a "home cooked" healthy meal.
Today is looking so-so again in terms of weather... hopefully the snow has hardened up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment