Monday, January 24, 2011

Quarter Century!

Yesterday I had my quarter century birthday! I can finally rent cars for cheaper!!!!And I got to celebrate up north with my parents and Marco over a yummy cornbread breakfast and a delicious raclette dinner!
Between delicious meals we ventured out into the -30 degrees Celsius weather...
 My jet-lag woke me up early so I went OUTSIDE where it was so cold that my fingers burned and my breath felt like frozen daggers in my throat, just to take this sunrise pic and draw a little diagram in the snow.
 beautiful bluebird frosty morning. 
 Snowshoeing with my dad leading the way.
 MARCO LOVES SNOWSHOEING! 

 FROSTY!!
 my mom GOT SWAGG!!!!! marco makes it look as though it's not actually -30.....
 we snowshoed up around Blueberry hill, one of my favourite places to go jogging in the summer!
 freshies!! haha.
Although its absolutely FREEZING, my californian man and I are venturing out to SKI today at Tremblant where it is currently below -30.  
I have totally become a fair-weather skier over the last few years, so today will be a test for both of us to see whether or not we can handle this weather! And yes, I just said weather 3 times.......

5 comments:

  1. That is most certainly an "intense" blog.......

    Does being a World Cupper give one an innate advantage in the world of snowshoeing?

    Happy Birthday Goodman, hope your day was all Good..man...

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. your rockin the triple entendre dude

    60 degrees difference between here an there... i think i will take our +30 over your -30 anyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures and happy birthday again! I love the one of Marco having way too good of a time snow shoe running and the one of dad's tracks leading up to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anna, Since I don't have your email address I hope you will read this. I believe you have Shona's old panasonic movie camera and it has on it her video of the opening ceremonies amongst other things. We really really want a copy of that video and other things and hope with all our hearts that you can send it to us.
    Love your blog, your enthusiasim and great great pictures. Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you need my email address
    rubenswg@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete