Saturday, January 1, 2011

new year!

I sort of fell off the blogging bandwagon lately! I'm not very stoked about how I skied in Semmering....
So I guess I didn't really feel like writing about it!!
But the bad feelings only lasted a few moments and I've analyzed my videos and figured out what went wrong!  I was ROUND and hesitant... a slow combo.  Ever since my fall in Courchevel i've been nursing a very sore hip flexor, so lack of training and confidence caught up with me I guess.  It was an awesome race to watch and get re-focused and inspired for Zagreb.  My skiing's still there and still fast, but my race mode is still up-and-down.  My skiing in Semmering taught me exactly what not to do for next race, and I can learn from these mistakes for the next races.
So yeah, that's how I feel!
Congrats to Eve and Erin on scoring some points!!!  AND Another sweet moment of the race was watching Sarah Schleper RIP!  She ended up going out second run, but she's on fire! And so is her son Lasse!! Eating the doughnut like a champ.
And then back home for the new year...
 It was a looooong drive back to Kirchberg, but at least there were some interesting clouds!
 I'd been very anxious to see Marco and see for myself that he was OK.  He had a terrible crash in Bormio and he described his face as "cheese grated"... Which it was....and still is.  
Downhill is crazy and he'll be nursing a bad concussion for a while but other than his grated face and banged up head, he was doing really well.  Hanging out with him was the best ending to 2010 I could have asked for!  :)
 The view from Patsch looking down towards Innsbruck at night.  If you look closely you can even see a firework!
Austria's beautiful.
New year's eve day in Innsbruck for coffee!
 All their sweet Christmas decorations are still up! Here's an advent-calender building!!
 Even just crossing the street makes for some sweet views!
Marco left for Munich and I went back "home" to Kirchberg right in time for our New Year's Eve DRESS PARTY!!! I'm not sure why, but we all look kinda funny and awkward in this pic.  I think it's the dresses though!!
 KEEGAN!!! Such a cutie!  and mike. ha.
 It's a full house here now with all the guys!  Makes for some epic catch-phrase sessions!
 Marcel outdid himself AGAIN.  We started off with smoked salmon and cheese, followed by risotto with a massive delicious shrimp, and then an AMAZING filet-mignon-type steak, so tender and perfectly cooked to perfection.  seriously. amazing.
 Keegan and I played catch-phrase!!
 Les boys.
Lup is here after his horrible crash in Bormio.  Unfortunately he also suffered a pretty bad concussion and tore his knee. Good luck to him and his rehab!! With Kent and Dr. Litchfeild he'll be in good hands!! 
 Les girls.
Fun times with the team as usual!! And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody!!!
Thinking back on last year's events is overwhelming!! Lots of high's and a few lows; i can't wait to see what's in store for 2011!

3 comments:

  1. miss you guys !!! I love the pictures of beautiful austria and innsbruck !! and of you guys .. looks like you had fun on new years !!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

    ps I have only been making scarfs since I got back !! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the Marco and Louis-P up and around after those really scary crashes. All the best to you and the team for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls must have stunt doubles for the kick ass skiing you do because you all look like fashion model babes. Yay Canada!

    ReplyDelete