Friday, January 7, 2011

A day on the Geisberg.

During the Zagreb race I somehow managed to catch and edge and slam my head into the icy slope.  Now, slightly concussed, I have had a few days off to reflect and regroup and heal my headache!
Because of the concussion I had to take yesterday completely off and today I could only free-ski.  It felt good to try and really connect with the snow and get back to some basics in freeskiing that I sometimes overlook during training.  I had some sweet runs on the Geisberg with no head-aches and brought my camera onto the hill to portray a day in the life of the Geisberg gletscher, minus the gletscher.
Lot's of people training!!! One Giant slalom course and two slalom courses and some little kids' giant slalom course.
 Focus amid the mountains.
 The crazy hole in the Fischer tips! So trendy.
 Racer ready.......... GO!
 Britt Phelan ripping up the GS with a sweeeeeeeet backdrop!
 Et Mitch aussi!
 A door on one of the many random barn/houses on the Geisberg.
 rustyyyyyy
 I went into the Geisberg Stubl (the lodge on top) for a coffee and some artistic skull arrangements. 
 I needed to represent HEAD (THE BEST SKIS EVERRRR) on this blog so i just placed my skis in the start as though I was about to ATTACK the slalom!!!  Ready to burst through the start wand!
 Jenny, reflecting.
 SWEET TRACKS!!!!
 Jim!!
 ME!  (we had a photoshoot together at the bottom....) ha
I was kinda bored after the photo-shoot so I decided to show how the gates work!


Mitch in SLALOM now!! Intense!!
That's pretty much it!!  There's only one trail on the Geisberg so there's not that much to show....

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love your blog. The pics today (as usual)are great. I'm an artist so I hope you don't mind but I "borrowed" the old door pics because that old wood and rusty metal hinges might be great to use for textures and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete